Orthopedic pain, injuries, and conditions can affect patients of all ages and athletic abilities. In fact, orthopedic complaints are one of the top reasons why people seek medical care. At Arne Wellness Center, we want to help you maintain optimal spinal and extremity health to reduce your risk for orthopedic injuries, and to prevent the onset of orthopedic conditions. Keep reading to learn more!
A Natural Approach to Healing and Wellness
As a Top Rated Local® wellness center in Littleton, we are passionate about providing you with a range of services under one roof. Dr. Robert Arne, a leading Chiropractic Internest, and his dedicated wellness team work together to help you find lasting relief from orthopedic pain, injuries, and conditions. Through treatments such as chiropractic, natural medicine, myofascial release, and other treatment modalities, we create a personalized treatment plan to target and treat your orthopedic symptoms naturally.
Enjoy these Benefits of Our Natural Approach to Pain Relief
- Personalized treatments tailored to your symptoms and wellness goals.
- Supports your whole-body health and wellness.
- Non-surgical, non-prescription drug pathway to optimal health and wellness.
- Manual manipulation and healing touch therapy address the root cause of your pain and discomfort.
- Treatments stimulate the body’s own healing abilities for quicker, more effective healing and pain management.
- Positively affects both body, mind, and spirit for overall wellness.
Common Orthopedic Disorders We Treat
Orthopedic disorders are oftentimes age-related but can develop in children, teens, and young adults, too. Orthopedic conditions can affect the musculoskeletal system in the body, making it difficult to perform everyday activities such as walking, running, lifting, or standing. While some disorders develop over time due to age and wear-and-tear, others can occur due to untreated injuries, repetitive movements, and genetics. We have listed below some of the most common orthopedic conditions we treat here at Arne Wellness Center.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Degenerative Joint Disease (Osteoarthritis)
- Hip Pain
- Joint Pain
- Muscles Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- And More
How Can Your Chiropractor Help with Orthopedic Conditions?
Chiropractors can treat a wide range of orthopedic conditions and symptoms with specialized hands-on techniques to carefully manipulate hard and soft tissues. Through manual chiropractic adjustments of the spine, joints, and bones, Dr. Arne can trigger the body’s natural healing mechanisms to go to work. As a result, patients experience a reduction in their pain and other symptoms, and can gain a better range of motion, improved mobility, and increased strength in the affected area.
How Can I Prevent the Onset of Orthopedic Conditions?
While we can’t completely stop all age-related orthopedic conditions from developing as a result of normal wear and tear, there are steps you can take to reduce the early onset and severity of these disorders. Here are some handy hints for you to consider:
- Keep moving. Getting plenty of good daily exercise helps ensure your bones, joints, and supportive soft tissues stay healthy, strong, and mobile. Stretching, walking, biking, and swimming are all great ways to support your orthopedic health.
- Pay attention to your posture to reduce the amount of stress and tension placed on your spine, hips, knees, and ankles.
- Maintain healthy bone density through a healthful diet complete with plenty of calcium and vitamin D. Maintaining good bone density is especially important for women, who lose bone mass as a result of reduced estrogen production later in life.
- Know your family health history so you know whether or not you’re at risk for osteoporosis, arthritis, and other orthopedic conditions.
- Maintain a wellness care regimen to keep your spine and joints in good alignment. A good wellness care routine may include chiropractic adjustments, massage treatments, spinal decompression, and acupuncture, combined with self-care techniques such as stretching and yoga.
Common Orthopedic Injuries We Treat
Orthopedic injuries are different from conditions and disorders in that they are caused by sudden trauma to the body, more specifically, an extremity such as a knee. The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) reports that as many as 30 million annual doctor visits are due to knee and shoulder injuries alone. You see, joints, bones, muscles, and other supporting tissues are designed to withstand the weight loads and pressure placed on them, but an injury caused by abnormal movement or stress can cause inflammation, swelling, and pain. If an orthopedic injury goes untreated, even if it’s a minor injury, it can cause secondary injuries and symptoms to occur, it reduces the stability of the joint and surrounding tissues, and makes the affected area more susceptible to injury and wear and tear. From skiing accidents to bodily trauma caused by contact sports, there are many ways a person can suffer an orthopedic injury. Here are some of the most common orthopedic injuries:
- Torn Ligaments
- Overuse/Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Arm and Hand Injuries
- Hip Injuries
- Knee Injuries
- Ankle, Foot, and Toe Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- And More
How Can Your Littleton Chiropractor Help After a Sports Injury?
Chiropractors focus on restoring and enhancing joint function in the spine and extremities. By applying manual chiropractic adjustments, Dr. Arne can not only treat sports injuries, but also prevent future injuries from occurring through joint mobilization. Realigning the bones and joints through manual therapy helps restore and maintain balance in the body to reduce tension, improve function, encourage healthy circulation, and stabilize joints and supporting tissues.
Whether you’re a professional athlete, a weekend warrior, or an active individual, a sports injury can really slow you down and reduce your ability to perform at optimal levels. Your chiropractor in Littleton can help you get back to doing the things you enjoy most through a wide range of modalities.
How Can I Prevent Orthopedic Injuries
Accidents do happen, but if you take steps every day to ensure the health of your body, you can help prevent orthopedic injuries from occurring. Here are some handy tips for you to consider:
- Practice good body mechanics when working, lifting, or participating in sports and other athletic activities. Being “Joint-Centric” when performing any type of activity is one way to protect your joints and supportive tissues from injury and keep them moving as they should.
- Stretch before and after intense physical activities such as sports, athletics, exercise, weight training, and other physically demanding pastimes.
- Stay hydrated to keep your soft tissues functioning optimally and to reduce fatigue that can make the tissues susceptible to injuries.
- Wear good supportive and protective gear like wrist guards and shoulder pads to support your joints during sports and physical activities.
- Listen to your body when something feels uncomfortable or hurts. If you notice tightness, tension, discomfort, or pain before, during, or after an activity, you should consult your chiropractor or medical doctor.
- Know your limits. People often injure themselves simply because they push their bodies beyond what they are capable of.
- Eat a nutritious diet that is high in protein, vegetables, and fruits. Avoid eating inflammatory foods that contain high amounts of sugar, fat, and sodium.
- Practice self-care to keep your body in good shape. This may include things you do at home such as taking walks with your dog every day to keep your joints moving and tissues strong.
- Additionally, receiving routine wellness treatments like chiropractic care, massage therapy, acupuncture, and other preventative/maintenance treatments can help prevent injuries from occurring.
Experience the Benefits of Chiropractic
If you want to reduce pain, improve joint and muscle function, and keep your body performing optimally into your Golden Years, your chiropractor in Littleton is here to help you. Dr. Arne and his team will create a personalized treatment plan according to your health history, your injury or condition, and your personal health and wellness goals. Through routine chiropractic care and natural medicine, Dr. Arne and his wellness team can help you find natural relief so you can feel better, move better, and enjoy a better quality of life. Contact Arne Wellness Center today to schedule an appointment, and get back to living life on your terms.